WICCI TN Entrepreneurship Council launched on 8th August 2020
Women’s Indian Chamber of Commerce and Industry is India’s first Independent Chamber of Commerce for women Established with the support of the ALL ladies League and the Women Economic Forum.
WICCI TN entrepreneurship Council had its digital launch on 8th August 2020. Dr. Harbeen Arora, Founder President WICCI gave the inaugural address.
Dr. Rajashree Krishnaswamy the President WICCI TN entrepreneurship Council gave a presentation of the proposed initiatives of this council to support women entrepreneurship.
This was followed by a panel discussion “Women Led Entrepreneurship Towards Economic and Social Sustainability” with prominent speakers and contributors to the entrepreneurial ecosystem. Mr. Jacob CM of the Women Startup Program at the NSRCEL spoke about the WSP program of IIM B. This was followed by Ms. Sangeeta Sankaran Sumesh, who spoke about the importance of Financial literacy and effective financial planning for the successes of businesses. Ms. Sujatha Hari, Executive Director, Vigil securities shared her experience as an entrepreneur. Dr.SrimathyKesan, Founder & CEO, Space KidzIndia and Ms. Issa Fathima Jasmine, Founder Aiyyamittu Un shared their entrepreneurial stories. The session was well attended by many women entrepreneurs within and outside Tamil Nadu.
Ms. Abirami Vivek is the Vice President of the council and has several accomplished women
as council members -
Dr. R J Kalpana,
Dr. Rajini Sriraman,
Ms. Nalini Srinivas,
Dr. Deepa Senthilnathan and
Ms. Megalai Senthil Kumar.
· WICCI encourages supports and nurtures entrepreneurship across different sectors and fields
· Works towards bringing fundamental changes to government policies and incentives to robustly encourage and empower women
· WICCI has manifold councils representing a variety of sectors
· WICCI enable access to support functions such as better facilitation, incentives and access to finance and other measures to empower Business women, entrepreneurs and Professional women
WICCI TN Entrepreneurship Council Initiatives
· WICCI works with partners to increase economic opportunities for women entrepreneurs by supporting them in starting, strengthening and expanding their enterprises
· Strengthening the institutional capacity of both financial and non-financial service providers to better serve the needs of women entrepreneurs. Providing tailor-made tools and approaches to reinforce women’s capacities to start and consolidate sustainable businesses.
· To work with respective government bodies, institutions and the media for advocacy and representation, toward enabling policy changes, incentives and other structural changes as representations and recommendations
· Creating the optimal conditions for women’s entrepreneurship to thrive, through mentorship, access to funding, incubation and acceleration.